Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dougcrates

Miles Davis: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 7

83 posts in this topic

I´m not sure if I will buy this one. 
I liked John Scofield more before he joined Miles. I saw him with the Dave Liebman band of the late 70´s and before that he had recorded with Mingus, but in the Davis Group he somehow played more behind the beat, it was not as wild and fresh like Mike Stern was before in 1981,82. And though I saw every Miles Davis Show in the 80´s in Viena, now looking backward I can´t listen to the stuff after Al Foster was replaced by Vincent Wilburn and the increasing use of "programming". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay so let me see if I understand this... Vol. 6 was a 4CD set that had been published numerous times in several different sets and Vol. 7 is a 3cd set that no one wanted to release in 40 years. Did I miss anything? What am I not getting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tranemonk said:

 What am I not getting?

This set, it sounds like? :g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ... it's perhaps likely that this particular set is being issued because Miles' nephew is on it?

Maybe the 1972-1974 bootlegs will be issued ... for Miles' 100th in 2026! :rolleyes::mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"perhaps likely",is a deliciously meaningless meaningfulness :g:g:g:g:g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JSngry said:

"perhaps likely",is a deliciously meaningless meaningfulness :g:g:g:g:g

Agreed.

But we can try to quantify it...To the National Weather Service, for instance, "likely" means 60% or 70% probability and "chance" means 30%, 40% or 50% (they go in steps of 10%).

So "perhaps likely" might be 40% times 65%, or 26% probability. ;) For what that's worth. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2022 at 10:01 AM, Harbour said:

This got posted to YouTube yesterday by Columbia, I assume it’s a taster from the new series? Not doing that much for me, not sure a fairly anaemic cover of the Tina classic is gonna get anyone too excited!

 

First time listening to this and wow, not in a good way. Y’all are totally right on this being subpar. Playing We Want Miles now to wash that track away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, tranemonk said:

okay so let me see if I understand this... Vol. 6 was a 4CD set that had been published numerous times in several different sets and Vol. 7 is a 3cd set that no one wanted to release in 40 years. Did I miss anything? What am I not getting?

nailed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.