romualdo Posted July 30 Posted July 30 7 hours ago, RiRiIII said: Indeed. 149 vs 200 EUR. Belgium wins. Opted to use TYQ (first time!!) yesterday instead of Mosaic for Australia due to significant cost difference. The set hadn't yet appeared on the Jazz Messengers site - was shocked to see the price of the new Armstrong set this morning (received promotional email from JMs). Glad I chose TYQ Quote
king ubu Posted August 3 Posted August 3 I'll keep pre-ordering from Mosaic ... TYQ "offers" 50€ flatrate shipping to Switzerland, no matter if I order two Mosaic sets or a 3€ sales CD. And jazzmessengers has always been on the expensive side. Plus custom/taxes doesn't make a difference. Fedex sucks big time in Switzerland, but for the time being, Mosaic/Fedex is still the best option for me. Anyway, looking forward, although I hesitated a moment, having the complete Frémeaux series and much more (the long box Hot Five/Seven, the old "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" box ...) Quote
AllenLowe Posted August 6 Posted August 6 I have enough books by Ricky, but Sager's work is always outstanding. Quote
SwingItTrev Posted September 9 Posted September 9 There’s a great little video here about the re-mastering process for this set with Doug Benson and David Sager: https://www.mosaicrecords.com/jazz-gazette-news/ Quote
Clunky Posted September 10 Posted September 10 2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said: it's a fascinating glimpse of how things are done. The Gennett transformation is particularly impressive. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.