Organissimo Board is 20 years old! Congrats Jim!

Aggie87

I just realized that as of March 2023, this board has been in existence now for 20 years!  I almost missed the milestone! 

Want to send out a congratulations to Jim and the other staff who have helped create and sustain this forum for that long.  

Like many, I came here after the shuttering of the Blue Note board.  Also tried a few other jazz boards, but this is the one that stuck for me.  I'm not as active of a poster as I used to be, but am glad this board continues, and am glad for the new members that have been gained along the way.  Also those we've lost along the way (Jazzmoose and Christiern come to mind).

Also glad for the friendships that started here and have turned into real-life friendships and meetups.  I've gained and learned a lot from everyone here, both on the board and as our relationships have evolved on FB and other places.  

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the regular live chats we used to hold, that were a great time - listening to the same albums at the same time, sharing in beverages, and sharing stories and insults.

Thanks Jim, for all you've done for the past 20 years!

-Erik

PS - My first post was in this thread, maybe the first thread on the forum - https://www.organissimo.org/forum/topic/2-welcome-to-the-organissimo-forums/

Edited by Aggie87

Well said, Aggie!  Twenty years!  Quite a milestone.

I am very grateful for this forum.  There's so much collective knowledge here, an amazing amount.  It's inspiring, and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to chat with and learn from so many interesting people each day.

2 hours ago, gmonahan said:

Ditto! Is the "bluenote" board Aggie87 is talking about "rec.music.bluenote," the old usenet group? That's where I came from.  That's how old *I* am! Stereo Jack clued me to this one, so I'm his fault! Thanks Jim and all for your work in keeping it going!

No, he's referring to the bulletin board that used to be on Blue Note Records' website.  The taxonomy of this BB is based on the BNBB (Blue Note Bulletin Board) with the addition of a Classical discussion.  The opinions expressed on BNBB could be a bit rawer than here (if you can believe that).  Blue Note Corporate pulled the plug after a stream of vicious attacks on Norah Jones (aka their bread and butter).  I really couldn't blame them.  Jim A. then sponsored this board with a few restrictions, mostly to promote civility; chief among them is no political discussions.  

On 3/31/2023 at 3:09 PM, mjzee said:

No, he's referring to the bulletin board that used to be on Blue Note Records' website.  The taxonomy of this BB is based on the BNBB (Blue Note Bulletin Board) with the addition of a Classical discussion.  The opinions expressed on BNBB could be a bit rawer than here (if you can believe that).  Blue Note Corporate pulled the plug after a stream of vicious attacks on Norah Jones (aka their bread and butter).  I really couldn't blame them.  Jim A. then sponsored this board with a few restrictions, mostly to promote civility; chief among them is no political discussions.  

Fascinating--thanks for the history! And, of course, thanks again to Jim for keeping it going. When I tell people (rarely) about my jazz fanaticism (and the size of my collection), they sometimes shake their heads as if to say, poor man, he's crazy. Only here are there people equally as......devoted!

5 minutes ago, gmonahan said:

Fascinating--thanks for the history! And, of course, thanks again to Jim for keeping it going. When I tell people (rarely) about my jazz fanaticism (and the size of my collection), they sometimes shake their heads as if to say, poor man, he's crazy. Only here are there people equally as......devoted!

If you're curious...: https://web.archive.org/web/20020214225952/http://www.bluenote.com/bulletinboard/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi