Misterioso

Support for Jimmy Cobb

31 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Brad said:

I hope you’re not suggesting that Jimmy Cobb is somebody you’ve never heard of. 

No I'm saying imagine these two scenarios: 1) You hear that Kenny Burrell has started a GFM because he's in desperate need of money right now. 2) You get a fundraising letter from Jazz Foundation in the mail asking for a donation. It says your money will help unnamed artists at some unspecified time in the future. Now imagine you recently read an article in the news about yet another charity scandal, such as the Wounded Warrior Project. Which scenario is more likely to make you reach for your credit card? 

I'm not saying either is right or wrong. I'm saying I can see why the GFM raised so much money. If JF had been smart it would have used KB's GFM as a fundraisiing tool for itself.

Plenty of controversy surrounded the KB Go Fund Me and still does. Either Jazz Foundation is bullshit or it isn't. That's a call people have to make. Same with this GFM, and I for one still feel it is odd.

As an example, when I try to look at Mr. Cobb's website I get a warning that it has been compromised.  Coincidence? 

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID just means the SSL certificate expired and hasn't been renewed yet. Little things don't get taken care of when you get sick, so that only makes sense. What bothers me in situations like this is when the recipient doesn't make a public appearance to verify that it's on the up and up. "As a humble and very private man who has always been the strength in both his family and his community, he wouldn't dare complain or ask for help" This is what Facebook is for.

Isn´t Jimmy Cobb married with that fascinating and famous Lady Eleana (former Steinberg) who also sang on Dave Liebman´s "Drum Ode" and who later became even more famous as she told the world very lot About Miles Davis during his "un years" when she took him out of NY, brought him back to Music and can also be seen on a Studio photo with Miles (who had become quite fat during that time) , that misterious 1978 sessios with Larry Coryell, where Miles only played organ ?